Friday, April 4, 2008

Scissor Sisters, always a good omen.

HIYEE!

So I just came from "working" at Touche. I think it's awesome that I'll be working at a place that's one letter off from douche.

Anyhoo, let me say that place is effin great. Amazing menu, super staff, and regular clientele. I guess The Pearl District is similar in nature to the Meatpacking District? I mean, supposedly it's considered the swanky, trendy, dare I say pretentious area of town. But clearly the Portland notion of pretension is quite different than what it's like back East. Regardless, if it all adds up to me making serious bank, then I'm not gonna argue.

So apparently they really like me there. I can't say that I blame them, I think I'm built to serve. I mean, I love food. I love eating it, I love looking at it, I love thinking about it, and I like talking about it. I'm going back in on Saturday night, and I've filled out a W4 already, but until I hear the words "You're hired, here are your shifts..." I'm not celebrating yet. As I was leaving after eating my tasty dinner and sipping on some yummy Spanish wines, "Take Your Mama" came on the Ipod that was shuffling. I have to assume that's a good sign.

I love it out here. I just can't believe how smooth a transition I seem to have made. SPEAKING of transitions...I hope people caught "The Pregnant Man" aka Thomas Beattie on Oprah today. Did you know he lived in Oregon? I wonder if Bend is gonna become a new destination for previously oppressed trannies.

xoxo
Layla

No comments: